The question we are asked most often by ExcelYogi readers is how can I use vlookup with multiple criteria or conditions. There are several solutions but some can be pain staking and unrealistic. Knowing that the Excel world is missing this feature, Excel Yogi has created a VLookup addin that will extend the built in Vlookup features by a mile.
The VlookupPlus add-in allows you to use the following functions:
- vlookup2() Look up a result based on two criteria / conditions
- vlookup3() Look up a result based on three criteria / conditions
- vlookup4() Look up a result based on four criteria / conditions
- vlookupinstance() Returns the nth occurence of an item
- vlookupall() Returns all results for the chosen condition
Based on the image above, check out some example results using the VlookupPlus addin:
Function: =vlookup2(A2:E10,5,”Larry”,”Meyer”) Result: Mitchell
Function: =vlookup3(A2:E10,5,”John”,”Smith”, 265) Result: South
Function: =vlookup4(A2:E10,5,”John”,”Smith”, 212,”black”) Result: Northwest
Function: =vlookupinstance(“John”,A2:A10,D2:D10,3) Result: Red
Function: =vlookupall(B2:C10,”Smith”) Result: 212, 265, 212
The addin comes with simple step by step install instructions that everyone can follow.
The Excel VlookupPlus Add-in is available below for a donation of $2.99. The download will be emailed automatically/immediately after donation is processed.
|$2.99||VlookupPlus: Microsoft Excel Add-in, compatible with Excel versions 2000 and later (PC)|
- Vlookup Multiple Criteria in Excel The standard vlookup function allows for one condition to be...
- Vlookup – My Favorite Function Vlookup...
- Vlookup the Last Occurence of an Item – Excel The title of this post is slightly misleading. We will...
- How to Use ISERROR Function in Excel The ISERROR function is a versatile one that is very...